Yesterday I hopped on my new wheels and headed towards the countryside..which is pretty much any direction...I chose East. Now, I'm pretty much in crap shape. I've been remedying that with lots of exercise, but I have a long way to go. I biked a little further than my current physical abilities could quite handle, but nontheless it was still cool.

"Bison...Holy Crap...Those are Bison!" That's what I was thinking as I cruised past a ranch. They also had a sign advertising Bison meat for sale. I had a buffalo burger years ago...I remember it being lean meat...quite tasty!

Yes..it's me...and I'm wearing my first helmet...I don't wear it in the house!

Barns...I distinctive clue that you may be in farm territory..I was. Ok...farms...whoopdeedo...well, if you've been living in the middle of an urban jungle for years where you have to get on the subway for 30 minutes just to see a tree or two...FARMS ARE COOL!!

Not at all like the gridlock of Seoul or Osaka...where the hell is everyone? I did meet one family who was cycling across Ontario for their summer vacation. (Obviously they had already passes...they were more fit than I).

Canada Geese..these guys are everywhere. They'll bend their necks and hiss at you when you get too close...I has no idea that geese hissed!

It's me again...playing with the timer on my camers. I have no idea what happened with this shot...I like it though.
A few more weeks in Cornwall, Ontario. As my legs get stronger, hopefully I'll get further and further into the outlying counties. It is certainly refreshing to get out on the roads and not be choking on the exhaust of traffic. It's also nice to do physical activity outside and be considered normal. For years whenever I would go running in Korea, I would almost stop traffic as everyone stared at me as if I were some sort of alien...exercise isn't a popular activity in Seoul.

No comments:
Post a Comment